Judith A. Perritano is a Founding Partner of Pierce Davis & Perritano, a Boston- based full service civil litigation and trial firm founded in 1998.
Ms. Perritano is a highly skilled litigator with more than 30 years of extensive experience in the defense and trial of a wide variety of cases ranging from complex, high risk cases involving products liability and exposure to asbestos and other toxic torts to those involving general negligence and dram shop liability. She has been involved in all phases of litigation in both state and federal court, from factual investigation through discovery, motion practice, trials, and appeals.
- Tried a number of cases to verdict in the areas of products liability, toxic exposure/sick building, liquor liability, motor vehicle, slip and fall, and elevator/escalator claims. Participated in various stages of trial in numerous other cases that ultimately resolved prior to verdict, including cases in the areas of products liability, construction, eminent domain, and general negligence claims. Damages tried include the entire personal injury spectrum, wrongful death and property damage. Also acted as lead counsel in asbestos trials in Massachusetts that have resolved favorably before verdict.
- Well-versed in the steps necessary to mount a successful defense, including the applicable legal and factual arguments to be developed for a wide variety of manufacturers and distributors with a keen understanding of the approaches, positions, and arguments put forth by opposing
- Responsible for developing plaintiff and witness deposition strategies that lead to in-depth and effective cross-examinations at trial, including conducting depositions of plaintiffs’ and defense experts and preparing Daubert motions and motions in limine on key issues, such as one fiber, sufficiency of expert testimony and no duty to warn.
- Counsel to numerous asbestos clients in Massachusetts, Connecticut and Rhode Island. In addition to acting as trial counsel, she has also conducted countless expert depositions and prepared and argued Daubert and other motions on key defense issues. Additionally, as a member of the Executive Committee, she helps shape the course of the Massachusetts asbestos litigation. Further, in her role as National Coordinating Counsel for a product manufacturer, she manages and directs discovery, develops key experts, and is involved in trial preparation and appeals in asbestos cases pending in state and federal courts Through this considerable experience, she has become intimately familiar with the approaches, positions and arguments put forth in the asbestos litigation nationally.
Ms. Perritano is frequently invited to speak on topics related to products liability and toxic torts. She has been named to several peer-reviewed lists, including The Best Lawyers in America©, Massachusetts Super Lawyers, and New England Super Lawyers.
She began her law practice in 1988 with the Boston firm of Morrison, Mahoney & Miller, where she became a partner in 1995.
Carreiro v. Main Machinery, 68 F.3d 1443 (1st Cir. 1995)
Awards & Recognition
- Selected for The Best Lawyers in America© List, 2018-2021
- Selected for Massachusetts Super Lawyers List, 2006, 2009-2022
- Selected for Massachusetts Super Lawyers Top 50 Women List, 2013, 2015, 2017-2022
- Selected for New England Super Lawyers Top 50 Women List, 2017
- Selected for Massachusetts Super Lawyers Top 100 List, 2017 & 2022
- Martindale-Hubbell National Law Directory, AV® Preeminent Peer Review Rating
- American Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Fellow, Litigation Counsel of America
- Member, Diversity Law Institute
- Member, Trial Law Institute