Melissa M. Malloy is an Associate with Pierce Davis & Perritano LLP.
Her practice focuses primarily on the defense of asbestos-related toxic tort actions. Ms. Malloy primarily assists in the nationwide defense of an equipment manufacturer in the asbestos litigation. Her work includes the investigation of key facts, the development of expert strategy, the preparation of dispositive and pre-trial motions, and trial preparation and appellate support for federal and state cases filed in jurisdictions across the United States.
Prior to joining Pierce Davis & Perritano LLP, Ms. Malloy served three terms as an appellate law clerk to the Honorable Rhys S. Hodge, Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of the U.S. Virgin Islands. During her judicial clerkship, Ms. Malloy gained valuable experience analyzing, researching, and writing on precise points of civil, criminal, and administrative law. The unique aspects of clerking in a jurisdiction with a relatively young appellate court provided her with the unparalleled opportunity to examine novel issues of law on a routine basis. As a consequence, Ms. Malloy acquired extensive experience researching and analyzing substantive and procedural law from across numerous state and federal jurisdictions, which has been especially beneficial to her practice at the firm.
Speaking & Writing:
- The Knowledge Group’s Live Webcast, “Product Liability Litigation: Practical Tips and Strategies,” Speaker (February 5, 2019)
- Co-editor and frequent contributor to PDP’s Toxic Torts Alert newsletter
- Member of the Roger William University School of Law Moot Court Board that argued in the final round of the Esther Clark Moot Court Competition before the Justices of the Rhode Island Supreme Court (2005-2007)
- Coordinates the firm’s annual holiday toy drive organized through the Massachusetts Department of Children and Families
- Served as a certified student attorney in the Community Justice and Legal Assistance Clinic representing indigent and incarcerated clients before the Family Court in Providence, Rhode Island (2006-2007)
- Defense Research Institute
- Rhode Island Bar Association
- PDP Associate, Melissa Malloy, to speak at TKG’s Product Liability Litigation Live Webcast
- Toxic Torts Alert: Liability for Products Manufactured and Sold by Others (the “Bare Metal” Defense)
- PDP Clothing Drive to Help Women Re-entering the Workforce Dress for Success
- Pierce Davis & Perritano makes the holiday season a little brighter for 80 Massachusetts children
- Toxic Torts Alert: Each and Every Exposure Theory
- Toxic Torts Alert: Duty to “Take Home” Exposure Plaintiffs
- Collaboration and Creativity at PDP’s Women’s Team Building Night
Roger Williams University School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2007
Cedar Crest College, B.A., summa cum laude, 2003
Bar & Court Admissions
Commonwealth of Massachusetts (2007)
State of Rhode Island (2007)
U.S. District Court, District of Massachusetts (2017)