The Knowledge Group/The Knowledge Congress Live Webcast Series, the leading producer of regulatory focused webcasts, has announced that Melissa M. Malloy, Associate, Pierce Davis & Perritano LLP will speak at the live webcast entitled: “Product Liability Litigation: Key Trends to Watch.” This event is scheduled for tomorrow, Wednesday, October 16, 2019 from 12:00 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. (EDT). This webcast offers 1.5 CLEs.
Ms. Malloy will be discussing the following topics:
- The historical evolution of product liability law, from caveat emptor (“let the buyer beware”) to implied warranty to today’s negligence and strict liability theories under the Restatement (Second) of Torts (1965) and Restatement (Third) of Torts (1997)
- The recent national trend indicating an expansion under state law of a manufacturer’s duty to warn to include warnings about potential harm caused by products manufactured and sold by others
- Analysis of the U.S. Supreme Court’s holding in its March 2019 decision in Air & Liquid Systems Corp. v. DeVries and its potential impact beyond maritime law
For further details, please visit: https://www.theknowledgegroup.org/webcasts/product-liability-litigation-in-2019/
About Melissa M. Malloy:
Melissa M. Malloy focuses her practice on the defense of toxic tort actions. For the past eight years, as a member of a National Coordinating Counsel team, she has assisted in the nationwide defense of an equipment manufacturer in the asbestos litigation. Her work includes the investigation of key facts, the development of expert strategy, the preparation of dispositive motions, and trial preparation and appellate support for federal and state cases filed in jurisdictions across the United States.
Ms. Malloy previously served as an appellate law clerk to the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of the U.S. Virgin Islands for three years. She is currently a member of the Defense Research Institute. She is admitted to the state bars of Massachusetts and Rhode Island, the U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts, and the U.S. Supreme Court.
Over the years, the litigation scrutiny of product liability claims has been continuously evolving. Thus, posing a much more intricate compliance challenge for product manufacturers.
The numerous counts of lawsuits filed in recent years show that the lack of efficient action plan to mitigate risk and pitfalls has to be addressed. It is, therefore, vital for manufacturers to be updated with the latest trends and developments on product liability claims litigation in order to avoid lawsuits and effectively defend your company when such situations arise.
Key topics include:
- Product Liability Litigation – Fundamentals
- Emerging Trends and Developments
- Recent Court Rulings
- Potential Pitfalls and Challenges
- Best Compliance Practices and Strategies
- What Lies Ahead
About The Knowledge Group/The Knowledge Congress Live Webcast Series:
The Knowledge Congress was established with the mission to produce unbiased, objective, and educational live webinars that examine industry trends and regulatory changes from a variety of different perspectives. The goal is to deliver a unique multilevel analysis of an important issue affecting business in a highly focused format. To contact or register to an event, please visit: http://theknowledgegroup.org/