- American Bar Association
- Boston Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
If men were angels, no government would be necessary.- James Madison
Adam Simms is a Partner with Pierce, Davis & Perritano, LLP. He came to the firm with fifteen years of legal experience in all facets of litigation. Mr. Simms started his legal career in New York, where his work focused on professional liability and insurance coverage. Thereafter, he relocated to Massachusetts and spent seven years in the Massachusetts Office of the Attorney General, where his primary responsibilities included representing Commonwealth officials and agencies in state and federal courts. While at the Attorney General's office, Mr. Simms developed expertise in administrative law, civil rights, and constitutional law.
Mr. Simms' current practice is centered on municipal tort and civil rights litigation in defense of individuals and Massachusetts towns and agencies in both state and federal court. He also represents public employers in defense of charges of discrimination before the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
- Pan-Mass Challenge for The Jimmy Fund, annual cyclist;
- Big Brother of Greater Boston;
- Massachusetts Historical Society.
- Stephen Harron v. Town of Franklin, 660 F.3d 531 (1st Cir. 2011);
- Franco Bruno v. Town of Framingham, 2009 WL 4062177 (D. Mass. 2009);
- Roman Catholic Bishop of Springfield v. Travelers Cas. & Ins. Co., 23 Mass. L. Rptr. 524 (2008);
- John Wholey v. Kathleen Tyrell, etal., 567 F. Supp. 2d 279 (D. Mass. 2008);
- Daniel McCarthy v. City of Newburyport, 252 Fed. Appx. 328 (1st Cir. 2007);
- William J. Sullivan v. Dept. of State Police, 57 Mass. App. Ct. 10 (2003);
- Robert E. Lynch v. Board of State Examiners of Electricians, 218 F.Supp.2d 3 (D. Mass. 2002);
- Mass. Prisoners Assn. Political Action Comm. v. The Acting Governor, 435 Mass. 811 (2002);
- Gun Owners' Action League v. Jane Swift, et al. 284 F.3d 198 (1st Cir. 2002);
- City Council of Agawam v. Energy Facilities Siting Board, 437 Mass. 821 (2002);
- Mass. Prisoners Assn. Politcal Action Comm. v. The Acting Governor, 435 Mass. 811 (2002);
- Adoption of Serge,52 Mass. App. Ct. 1 (2001);
- Mary Ann McGuire, et al. v. Thomas Reilly, 260 F.3d 36 (1st Cir. 2001);
- James Nollett v. Justices of the Comm. of Massachuetts, 83 F. Supp. 2d 204 (D. Mass. 2000);
- Alfred Silva v. Director of the Division of Marine Fisheries, 46 Mass. App. Ct. 608 (1999);
- J. Reid Bingham v. Marvin Zolt, etal., 823 F. Supp. 1126 (S.D.N.Y. 1993);
- Gerry Trautz, et al. v. Leon Weisman, 809 F. Supp. 239 (S.D.N.Y. 1992).