Judith A. Perritano
- American Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
“Common sense often makes good law.”-William O. Douglas
Judith A. Perritano is a Partner with Pierce, Davis & Perritano, LLP. She began her law practice in 1988 with the Boston firm of Morrison, Mahoney & Miller, where she became a partner in 1995 before joining Joel Pierce and John Davis in founding Pierce, Davis & Perritano, LLP in 1998.
Ms. Perritano has acquired extensive experience in the defense and trial of complex personal injury cases over the past two decades. She has handled a wide variety multi-party cases, from pre-suit investigation through trial involving a broad range of claims, including product liability, toxic tort, automobile, eminent domain, and construction-related claims. The toxic tort claims defended by Ms. Perritano include various environmental exposures, such as asbestos, carbon monoxide, latex, and lead, as well as allegations of “sick building syndrome” and multiple chemical sensitivity. Ms. Perritano is well-versed in the steps which must be taken to mount a successful defense, including the applicable legal and factual arguments to be developed for a wide variety of manufacturers and distributors. She has been lead counsel in several multi-party trials in Massachusetts, earned the respect of local Plaintiffs’ firms, and is familiar with the approaches, positions and arguments put forth by opposing counsel. She also has extensive knowledge of, and experience with, a wide variety of expert witnesses in a broad array of litigation. Ms. Perritano has conducted numerous Plaintiffs’ expert depositions and used the testimony developed through those sessions to conduct in-depth and effective cross-examinations of those experts at trial.
In addition, Ms. Perritano serves as National Coordinating Counsel for an equipment manufacturer in the asbestos litigation. She also is regional counsel to several other asbestos clients in Massachusetts, Rhode Island and Connecticut. In connection with this work, Ms. Perritano and other members of the firm routinely assist in trial preparation and trial support for cases tried in problematic jurisdictions nationwide, including California. Her efforts include the development of defense experts, the marshalling and coordination of internal, historical and archival documents, and the preparation of detailed and case-specific trial cross-examination outlines for key Plaintiffs’ experts.
- On June 21, 2012 Judith Perritano spoke on "Preparing for Appellate Issues at Trial" at the seminar Northeast Asbestos Litigators & Judges Forum presented by HB Litigation in New York City.
- Carreiro v. Main Machinery, 68 F.3d 1443 (1st Cir. 1995).
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® rating; Massachusetts “Super Lawyer”, Boston Magazine 2006 and 2007.
- Product Liability--Claims/Defense/Trial (1997);
- "Attorney Conduct at Depositions--An Overview," MBA Civil Litigation Section News, October, 1995;
- "International Liability for Nuclear Pollution," Vol. XI Suffolk Transnational Law Journal, p. 76 (Fall 1987).